Ready to take advantage of the algae opportunity? We have just posted the agenda for the world’s largest algae conference, the 2019 Algae Biomass Summit.
Join us in Orlando, Florida this September 16-19 to network with industry leaders, learn about new products, research innovations, and see cutting-edge algae technologies first-hand.
Make your plans soon, our early-bird rates expire a month earlier than past years: July 1st, 2019.
Topical themes that will be explored at the largest gathering of algae professionals include:
- Hundreds of new products that algae can create in markets for sustainable protein alternatives, aquaculture and animal feeds, nutritional supplements, cosmetics and skin care, biofuels, fertilizers, clothing, plastics, and much more
- The critical role algae can play carbon capture, water treatment and other industrial services in need of process and sustainability improvements
- A new federal inter-agency group setting the agenda for advancing algae technologies and innovations, including millions of dollars in funding to be announced over the next year
- Scientific advances in algae cultivation, harvesting, strain selection, and more
- Education and training opportunities for the algae workforce
If you attend the 2019 Summit you will also have a rare chance to tour carbon capture and algae cultivation demonstration at a nearby power plant operated by the Orlando Utilities Commission. This project, supported by the Department of Energy’s National Energy Technology Laboratory, illustrates how algae can be used to address climate change and produce valuable biomass for fuel, feed or other products. More information about the tour is available at: https://www.algaebiomasssummit.org/page/tours
In addition to more than a hundred speakers, the Summit features networking and hands-on demonstrations in a central exhibit hall, a product showcase, and a Young Innovators Lounge for early-career scientists.
The Summit is the go-to conference for all things algae. Sign up today and make your plans to visit Orlando!