Fostering the Future
The Algae Biomass Organization (ABO) is a nonprofit organization that envisions a world where humankind universally thrives with access to sustainable and productive resources. Our mission is to promote the development of viable commercial markets for renewable and sustainable commodities derived from algae. We believe in the power of algae to positively and meaningfully impact the way we eat, feed our livestock, and power our world. Together with our diverse membership of individuals, organizations, and companies ABO is dedicated to global change fueled by education, innovation, and collaboration.
ABO’s Goals for Growth
- Facilitate commercialization and market development of microalgae biomass specifically for biofuels production and greenhouse gas abatement.
- Deliver information to the public on initiatives, funding opportunities, and industry development.
- Provide networking and collaboration opportunities.
- Establish cutting edge research and commercialization summits and other meeting opportunities.
- Develop a high quality interactive repository of information on algae biomass technology, science, products, processes, patents, and economics.
- Develop quality and measurement best practices for algal biomass, products, systems technology, and econometrics.
- Present career advancement and consultant opportunities.
Today’s Investment, Tomorrow’s Impact
The Algae Biomass Organization is leading the algae industry forward as the next generation of algae cultivation and biotechnology continues to advance and creates more opportunities for industry innovation and job creation. These efforts culminate in the ABO’s annual Algae Biomass Summit, the world’s largest algae conference, that brings together commercial leaders, entrepreneurs, scientists, policymakers, investors, and young innovators ready to present their work, learn from one another and actively build the algae economy.