Algae Biomass Organization Announces Agenda for the 2019 Algae Biomass Summit
Coming to Orlando, Florida, Sept 16-19, the Summit will feature the latest commercial innovations, research breakthroughs and novel products being made possible by advanced algae cultivation
Orlando, Fla. (May 21, 2019) – The Algae Biomass Organization (ABO), the trade group for the algae industry, today announced the preliminary agenda for the 2019 Algae Biomass Summit, to be held in Orlando, Florida, September 16-19, 2019. The new agenda and early-bird registration information is available at: https://www.algaebiomasssummit.org
Commercial algae production is being lauded as a new agricultural phenomenon that can provide sustainable feedstocks of proteins and oils for hundreds of new products, absorb millions of tons of carbon dioxide, treat wastewater, and become a driver of economic growth around the world. The Algae Biomass Summit, now it its 13th year, has become the premier conference for the business and scientific community working to take full advantage of the latest innovations.
“The past decade has delivered thrilling growth for the algae opportunity in almost every market, and we will be exploring all of them at the Summit,” said Mark Allen, Chair of ABO’s Board of Directors and Vice President at Accelergy Corporation. “This unique event brings together every quarter of the algae community, making the Summit the go-to place to see new products and meet the industry’s key leaders in business, research, and government.”
Topical themes that will be explored at the largest gathering of algae professionals include:
- Hundreds of new products that algae can create in markets for sustainable protein alternatives, aquaculture and animal feeds, nutritional supplements, cosmetics and skin care, biofuels, fertilizers, clothing, plastics, and much more
- The critical role algae can play in carbon capture, water treatment and other industrial services in need of process and sustainability improvements
- A new federal inter-agency group setting the agenda for advancing algae technologies and innovations, including millions of dollars in funding to be announced over the next year
- Scientific advances in algae cultivation, harvesting, strain selection, and more
- Education and training opportunities for the algae workforce
Attendees of the 2019 Summit will also have the unique opportunity to tour a power plant operated by the Orlando Utilities Commission that is demonstrating carbon capture and algae cultivation technologies. This project, supported by the Department of Energy’s National Energy Technology Laboratory, illustrates how algae can be used to address climate change and produce valuable biomass for fuel, feed or other products. More information about the tour is available at: https://www.algaebiomasssummit.org/page/tours
In addition to more than a hundred speakers, the Summit also features networking and hands-on demonstrations in a central exhibit hall, a product showcase, and a Young Innovators Lounge for early-career scientists.
- July 1, 2019 – Early bird rates expire
- September 13, 2019 – Online registration closes
Sponsorship, exhibit and media opportunities:
Companies, organizations, universities and federal agencies interested in collaborating with the algae industry through sponsorship or exhibit space at the Summit should contact Barb Scheevel at firstname.lastname@example.org, Media interested in covering the Summit should email Nate Kommers at email@example.com.
More information about the Summit can be found at www.algaebiomasssummit.org.
About the Algae Biomass Organization
The Algae Biomass Organization (ABO) is a 501(c)(6) non-profit whose mission is to promote the development of viable commercial markets for renewable and sustainable commodities derived from algae. Its membership is comprised of people, companies and organizations across the value chain. More information about ABO, including its leadership, membership, costs, benefits and members and their affiliations, is available at the website: www.algaebiomass.org.
Benefits of Membership
- A voice on ABO policy initiatives.
- Access to members-only resources.
- Discounted pricing to ABO events, and more!