Call for Abstracts and Panel Proposals
Update April 2023: We have extended the abstract deadline to May 5, 2023! Submit your abstract today for an in-person presentation and we’ll see you in Madison.
The 2023 Algae Biomass Summit is now accepting speaker and poster abstracts for the world’s largest algae conference, to be held in Madison, Wisconsin, October 9-11, 2023.
The 2023 Algae Biomass Summit welcomes a wide range of abstracts and panel proposals for speaking and poster presentations across scientific, engineering, commercial and educational interests. The Summit will expose audiences to the latest innovations in microalgae and macroalgae technology developments, scientific breakthroughs and products. Join us as we build the future of this industry.
Submit your abstract before
April 17, 2023 May 5, 2023 to receive preferential scoring by the review committee, as well as student registration discounts!
This year we are accepting panel proposals as well as individual abstracts. Submit a panel idea with up to five speakers for consideration by the Summit’s planning committee.
Read our requirements below.
Why submit an abstract?
- To expose your research, technology or commercial developments to the world’s largest gathering of algae thought leaders, investors, and policy makers.
- To encourage others to network with you to facilitate and accelerate the further development and commercialization of your technologies or products.
- To support the only algae conference that re-invests into the algae community’s work to sustain and grow federal research funding and other supportive policies for the algae industry.
- To see new algae technologies, products, and processes first-hand at the event and on exclusive tours.
- Students and postdocs that submit abstracts before the priority deadline can qualify for a $50 discount on the Summit’s early bird registration rate.
Who can submit an abstract?
Anyone can submit an abstract to the largest algae conference in the world. We welcome proposals from the scientific and engineering communities, entrepreneurs, industry suppliers, Fortune 500 companies, educators, policymakers and more. We have even accepted exciting proposals from high school science students. The Summit is the premier venue for all interested parties to gather as we move this industry forward.
Algae Biomass Organization members do receive preferential scoring when their abstracts are reviewed by the Summit planning committee. Members must sign in before submitting. Not a member? Join today!
New Topical Tracks:
The Summit is a place to collaborate on all aspects of the algae industry. This year we are accepting abstracts in five subject areas that will organize the agenda:
- Bioproducts – For innovations and research in algae and seaweed applications for food, animal and aquaculture feeds, bioplastics, biofuels, chemicals, coproducts, cosmetics, nutrition supplements, pharmaceuticals, soil health, agricultural products and more.
- Cultivation and Harvesting – For innovations and research in fermentation, microalgae, seaweeds, bioreactor design and engineering, phototrophic and heterotrophic systems, harvesting and extraction systems, biorefinery systems, and more.
- Environmental Services – For innovations and research on the topics of algae and seaweed in bioremediation, water treatment, nutrient recycling and management, life cycle and techno economic analysis, carbon capture, and more.
- Strain Development – For innovations and research in strain isolation, development, and characterization of microalgae and seaweeds, as well as bioprospecting, improvements in growth and biomass productivity, algal biotechnology, and more.
- Meet The Industry – These popular sessions will showcase companies operating in, and adjacent to, the algae and seaweed industry, introducing new products and services to Summit attendees.
First priority deadline:
April 17, 2023, May 5, 2023. Submit your abstract before this deadline to receive preferential scoring by the review committee.
Notification of acceptance will begin June 2, 2023.
Early bird registration expires August 1, 2023. All accepted presenters are required to register and pay the appropriate registration fees.
The Algae Foundation’s Mary Rosenthal Memorial Student Grants:
These awards are open to students and postdocs. Each Algae Foundation Student Travel Grant Awardee will receive a grant to cover the cost of registration at the Summit, an opportunity to attend a follow up video call with members of the Algae Foundation Board of Directors and Industry Partners to answer your questions and help with future networking, and a “Mary Rosenthal Memorial Student Grant Awardee” certificate. Indicate your interest in applying for consideration on the the abstract submission form.