Industry Job Opportunities
Is your company or organization seeking a new employee? The Algae Biomass Organization will post job openings pertinent to the algal industry on its website for 30 days.
Platinum, Gold, and Corporate members of the ABO receive this service free of charge. Non-ABO members or members holding a non-qualifying membership may purchase job listings for $100 for 30 days. Please send job description and qualification requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Seeking Postdoctoral Research Associate in Algae Production
We are seeking to hire a postdoctoral research associate with research experience in algae biomass culture with an emphasis on aquaculture applications. The position would involve conducting research for the Palacios Marine Agriculture Research Organization (PMAR) located in Palacios, Texas and managed by the Harte Research Institute for Gulf of Mexico Studies, Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi. The finalist for this position will work closely with PMAR management as well as other research staff to develop a broad-based research program to improve algae biomass productivity within the scope of PMAR objectives.
- Identification and development of algae culture strains suitable for use in aquaculture applications.
- Improve biomass productivity of algae culture systems for aquaculture hatchery use.
- Develop a vigorous research program to investigate innovative uses of algae biomass for non-traditional uses.
- Remain current with the body of science related to general aquaculture, present and publish research findings.
- Advise and mentor undergraduate and graduate students at Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi.
- Report to the Project Leader.
- Doctoral Degree in biological sciences, genetics, microbiology, or closely related field.
- Background in one or more fields of aquaculture and/or algae biomass production.
- Practical experience in algae biomass culture.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work both independently and in a collaborative team environment.
- Strong experience (at least 4 years) in culture of microalgae for oyster hatchery applications.
- Experience with algal strain selection and nutritional manipulation of algae cultures.
- Familiarity with current technology regarding algae biomass harvesting.
- Track record of high-impact publications and collaboration with notable research programs.
How to Apply:
- Submit letter of interest and any other supporting documentation to the following email: TEXASOYSTERS@TAMUCC.EDU
- Harte Research Institute is partnering with the Palacios Marine Agriculture Research Organization (PMAR). The applicant if chosen will be hired by the Palacios Marine Agriculture Research Organization (PMAR).
Grain Processing Corporation (GPC), a subsidiary of Kent Corporation has an opening for a Molecular Biologist
Grain Processing Corporation (GPC), a subsidiary of Kent Corporation, a 2020 US Best Managed Company sponsored by Deloitte Private and The Wall Street Journal, has an opening for a Molecular Biologist within the Research and Development department. This is a full-time, exempt position with health, dental, vision, STD/LTD, and 401K benefits.
This position is responsible for establishing strategies, techniques and approaches to improving our algal protein expression platform. In addition, the qualified candidate will develop and implement approaches to improve process development strategies for microalgae.
The role requires a comprehensive understanding of molecular techniques to design and implement strategies to mitigate contaminations and genetic drift that can harm robust processes. A proven track record of providing leadership to accelerate novel technologies and excellent molecular biology skills is important, as this individual will operate in a matrixed environment that spans across multiple functions, including Research and Process Development. They will provide scientific, technical and managerial leadership of our molecular biology/strain development team.
Full position description and application can be found at: https://kentww.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/741
Join the team at Global Algae Innovations — Opening for Bookkeeper at the San Diego location
This position is responsible for recording all accounting transactions into QuickBooks and reconciling with VP of Finance to ensure that all records meet government accounting requirements. Bookkeeper must implement GAAP in all areas of work, understand cost accounting, organize invoices, run reports, and work with team to ensure best accounting policies and procedures.
Full position description and application can be found at: http://www.globalgae.com/join-our-team
Cyanotech Corporation, a world leader in microalgae technology, has an opening for a research specialist – contract researcher.
This is a full-time, limited-term, non-exempt position. The principal job responsibility is to conduct algal cultivation research funded by, and under the terms of, a grant to Cyanotech Corporation by the US Dept. of Energy. The individual reports to Cyanotech’s Director of Applied Research. The individual is responsible for growing the alga, Nannochloropsis, at laboratory and minipond scales; collecting and interpreting growth and quality data on a scheduled basis; processing samples and shipping them to other participants in the grant for analysis; identifying, isolating, and performing analyses on eukaryotic pests and weeds that appear in the cultures; participating in regularly-scheduled conference calls and other communications related to the research; preparing and submitting regular reports to the research team; assisting the Director of Applied Research in preparing formal reports and scientific publications. The position is available for a maximum of three years from July 2020, contingent on continued funding from the grantor.
Full position description and application at: https://lnkd.in/eq5Cp4S
UCONN post-doctoral scholar position
UCONN has a post-doctoral associate position available. We are ideally looking for someone who has expertise in ecophysiology and culture work of seaweeds with an appreciation of molecular methods. The position would be guaranteed for at least 1 year and possibly two (depends on our ARPAe MARINER funding). Along with the existing domestication project of an ARPAe grant in close association with Scott Lindell, folks from Cornell University, and others, there are three related grants that would benefit from someone with an ecophysiology and field background. Each one would also go into the new hire’s effort. One will be our tropical seaweed project (lead by Loretta Roberson and others associates with that project) at MBL. The post-doc may be doing some fieldwork (Florida and Belize) to support that effort. We have another project dealing with direct “seeding” of kelp project dealing with scalable kelp aquaculture as part of our Alaska project lead by Mike Stekoll, and a recently funded project with Janet Kubler from California State University (Northridge) on the kelp, Laminaria farlowii. If you are interested or know of any recent doctoral student (s) looking for a post-doc position, please go to https://jobs.hr.uconn.edu/cw/en-us/job/494595/postdoctoral-research-associate (job opening at UCONN is #494595).
Benefits of Membership
- A voice on ABO policy initiatives.
- Access to members-only resources.
- Discounted pricing to ABO events, and more!