Algae in the Carbon XPRIZE competition
by Paul Mullen
NRG COSIA Carbon XPRIZE is a global competition which aims to develop breakthrough technologies relating to carbon dioxide. The competition aims for the team to convert the most carbon dioxide into one or more products with the highest net value. 47 entries from 7 countries are competing for the $20M NRG COSIA Carbon XPRIZE. Amongst the 47 entries, two algae related teams are in for a chance to win the grand prize. More information on the two algae teams can be found below:
- Aljadix – A Swiss company developing carbon negative biofuel from microalgae feedstock.
- Pond Technologies – A Canadian company that converts raw smokestack emissions from heavy industry into algal biomass.
Up to 15 semi-finalist teams are scheduled to be announced on October 15, 2016. To see the full list of teams click here.
Benefits of Membership
- A voice on ABO policy initiatives.
- Access to members-only resources.
- Discounted pricing to ABO events, and more!