DOE and NETL Issue Carbon Utilization FOA
DOE and NETL have issued a Carbon Utilization funding opportunity announcement (FOA) for projects that will support the Carbon Storage program’s efforts to develop technologies that utilize CO2 from coal-fired plants. The FOA is the direct result of ABO’s successful push to include $10 million for carbon capture and use in DOE’s FY2016 congressional funding, but provides for additional funding beyond the congressionally mandated level for a total of up to $24 million to fund up to 24 projects.
The FOA identifies three areas of interest:
- Biological based concepts for beneficial use of CO2
- Mineralization concepts utilizing CO2 with industrial wastes
- Novel physical and chemical processes for beneficial use of carbon.
When applying, applicants must specific which area of interest they are applying for. Projects from all areas of interest for CO2 utilization must have a duration of 24 to 36 months. Applications are due October 13, 2016.
For more details, visit the NETL website.
Benefits of Membership
- A voice on ABO policy initiatives.
- Access to members-only resources.
- Discounted pricing to ABO events, and more!