New Plenary Session Announced for ABS 2016: Flask to Fork
The Algae Biomass Organization has announced the newest plenary session for the 2016 Algae Biomass Summit: Flask to Fork. The plenary session, which will take place on the second day of the conference, Monday, October 24th, will address algae-based foods and ingredients.
Global consumers are increasingly demanding healthier, more sustainable food options and leading algae innovators are stepping up to meet those demands with exciting new product offerings. In fact, algae can be found in products ranging from sausages to chocolate to energy bars to cooking oil. Will consumers embrace algae as the new ultra-sustainable superfood? The newly announced Flask to Fork session will delve into the latest market trends and algae product innovations, and will look ahead to opportunities and challenges in human health and nutrition.
A variety of panelists with deep expertise on the topic will present their perspectives on the future of algae in the nutrition space, including:
- Aha Belay, Senior Vice President and Chief Technology Officer, Earthrise Nutritionals
- Xun Wang, President, Triton Algae Innovations, Ltd.
- Ross Zirkle, Director of Molecular Biotechnology, DSM Nutritional Products
- Margaret McCormick, Chief Executive Officer, Matrix Genetics
For more details on Flask to Fork and other Summit sessions, please visit the Algae Biomass Summit webpage.
Reminder: August 1st is the last day to receive the early bird discount when registering for the conference.
Benefits of Membership
- A voice on ABO policy initiatives.
- Access to members-only resources.
- Discounted pricing to ABO events, and more!