New Plenary Session Announced for ABS 2016: Cashing in on Carbon
The Algae Biomass Organization has announced the newest plenary session for the 2016 Algae Biomass Summit: Cashing in on Carbon. The plenary session, which will take place on the third day of the conference, Tuesday, October 25th, will address algae-based carbon capture and carbon utilization technologies. The past year alone has seen a wave of endorsements for algae and other microbial approaches to mitigating industrial carbon emissions: the U.S. Department of Energy’s Billion Ton Study Update quantified for the first time the strong domestic opportunity for algae-based carbon capture, a global engineering giant launched an algae-based carbon utilization platform, and the National Coal Council called for greater investment in algae and other utilization technologies. A variety of panelists with deep expertise on the topic will present their perspectives on the state of technology, policy and the path to market adoption.
- Mark Allen, Vice President of Integrated Carbon Solutions, Accelergy Corporation
- Raffi Mandirosian, Vice President, Joule Unlimited
- David Hazlebeck, Founder and Chief Executive Officer, Global Algae Innovations
- John Benemann, MicroBio Engineering Inc.
For more details on Cashing in on Carbon and other Summit sessions, please visit the Algae Biomass Summit webpage.
Reminder: August 1st is the last day to receive the early bird discount when registering for the conference.
Benefits of Membership
- A voice on ABO policy initiatives.
- Access to members-only resources.
- Discounted pricing to ABO events, and more!