ABO Welcomes 2022 Board of Directors
Dr. Martin Gross of Gross-Wen Technologies selected as new Board Chair, Mike LaMont of Heliae Development becomes Vice Chair.
The Algae Biomass Organization (ABO), the US based non-profit trade organization for the algae and seaweed industries, today announced the election of their officers for their Board of Directors for the 2022-2023 term, as well as the Board of Directors members elected for the 2022-2024 term. Dr. Martin Gross, Founder and Chief Executive Officer of Gross-Wen Technologies was elected to serve as the new Board Chair, while Mike LaMont, Vice President of Operations at Heliae Development was elected as Vice Chair.
ABO’s board guides the organization in its mission to promote the development of renewable and sustainable products from algae and seaweed, as well as the development of viable commercial markets for both. ABO supports people, companies, and organizations, as well as research, development, and commercial activities across the value chain. ABO also educates the general public, policymakers and industry about the benefits of algae and seaweed in commercial and scientific applications.
The group announced today includes both new board members and re-elected members that will join current members that are already serving a 2021-2023 term.
The newly elected board officers are:
- Chair: Martin Gross – CEO/Co-Founder, Gross-Wen Technologies
- Vice Chair: Mike LaMont, Vice President of Operations, Heliae Development LLC
- Treasurer/Secretary: Thomas Byrne – Tax Manager, CarlsonSV
Newly appointed board member:
- Leslie Bellas – Federal Regulatory Affairs Manager, Neste
The re-elected board members are:
- Dr. Amha Belay – Founder / CEO, Algae4All
- Dr. John Benemann – CEO, MicroBio Engineering Inc.
- Thomas Byrne, Tax Manager, CarlsonSV
- Jen Johansen – Vice President of Quality, Regulatory & Government Affairs, Cyanotech
- David Ramjohn – Chief Executive Officer, AlgEternal Technologies
ABO’s full board of directors can be viewed at: https://algaebiomass.org/about/leadership/board-of-directors/
Put yourself at the forefront of the algae industry, where algae products, services, and research meet the challenges of our planet’s most pressing issues today.
Benefits of Membership
- A voice on ABO policy initiatives.
- Access to members-only resources.
- Discounted pricing to ABO events, and more!