Algae: The Next Big Fuel Source?
Kojo Nnamdi Show – A decade from now, will we be talking about Big Algae in the same way we now refer to Big Oil? Scientists around the country are racing to develop a cost-effective fuel source derived from algae. We’ll learn more about turning pond scum into energy and how it compares to ethanol and other biofuels as a green energy source.
- Martin LaMonica – Senior Writer, CNET
- Matthew Posewitz – Assistant Professor, Chemistry and Geochemistry, Colorado School of Mines
- Mary Rosenthal – Executive Director, Algal Biomass Organization
- Robert Mantz – U.S. Air Force Lieutenant Colonel; Program Manager, BioFuels Program, Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA)
LISTEN to Algae: The Next Big Fuel Source?
Benefits of Membership
- A voice on ABO policy initiatives.
- Access to members-only resources.
- Discounted pricing to ABO events, and more!