Algae Cultivation for Carbon Capture and Utilization Workshop
The U.S. Department of Energy’s Bioenergy Technologies Office is hosting a workshop on Carbon Capture and Utilization in Orlando, Florida from May 23-24. The workshop will feature speakers from the DOE Office of Fossil Energy to talk through strategies with experts on the intersection of CCU and algae cultivation.
The aim of the gathering is to collect stakeholder input on the following areas:
- Sourcing CO2, including quality, quantity, siting and transport considerations
- CO2 utilization and carbon balances in end products
- Strategies to reduce costs and sustainably produce algal biofuels and bioproducts while utilization waste CO2.
Registration, lodging information, and a draft agenda can be found on the workshop webpage.
Benefits of Membership
- A voice on ABO policy initiatives.
- Access to members-only resources.
- Discounted pricing to ABO events, and more!