The Algae Foundation has announced that it is offering $500 travel grants for students to attend the 11th Annual Algae Biomass Summit in Salt Lake City, Utah, USA, from October 29 through November 1, 2017. In order to qualify, applicants must be an ABO Member as well as an undergraduate, graduate student, pre-doctoral student or a PhD with a post-doctoral appointment and currently involved in a full time academic research program for no longer than 2 years.
Applicants must submit an abstract to present a poster or oral presentation at ABS 2017 and be the presenting author of the abstract. Other requirements include the submission of a suggested budget to attend the Summit and a current letter of recommendation. Selection is made by the Algae Foundation Travel Grant Selection Committee—the awards are highly competitive. Selection criteria include:
- The relevance and scientific quality of the submitted abstract
- The student has not received a similar travel grant award in the last two years
- Only one travel grant per laboratory
All applications and materials should be sent to:
- Barb Scheevel, Algae Foundation Administrative Coordinator
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 125 St. Paul Street, P.O. Box 369
- Preston, MN 55965
For more details about applying to the travel grants, visit the Algae Foundation website.