Request for Information on Safety of Algal Feed Ingredients
Does your research, peer reviewed or otherwise, demonstrate the safety of one or more types of algae or algae bioimass as food or feed?
Animal feed applications represent an increasingly promising opportunity for algae biomass producers, but, at present, with very limited exceptions, whole microalgae and microalgal ingredients are generally not approved for use in animal feed in the U.S.
To support the expansion of algae-based animal feed use, ABO is seeking to compile the most comprehensive possible library of literature demonstrating the safety of algal feed ingredients, including:
- Safety studies or feed trials in fish or other animals
- Human safety studies
- Studies of environmental safety
- Reports showing historical use of algae for feed
Please send us your results! Contributions should be sent (as attachments if possible, or as links to publicly available studies, to this email address: email@example.com) by close of business Tuesday, October 18.
Thank you for contributing to this important effort!
Benefits of Membership
- A voice on ABO policy initiatives.
- Access to members-only resources.
- Discounted pricing to ABO events, and more!