The Algae Biomass Organization has announced the addition of six new members to its Board of Directors for the 2016-2018 term. ABO also welcomed Jacques Beaudry-Losique, Senior Vice President of Corporate and Business Development for Algenol as the new board chair, and David Hazlebeck, Founder and CEO of Global Algae Innovations as vice chair.
The board guides the organization in its mission to educate the general public, policymakers and industry about algae’s great potential to address many of the food, water, health, sustainability and energy security issues facing the world today. Board members support the organization in advocating for policies that can accelerate the development of commercial markets for products made from algae.
The new board members include:
- Amha Belay, CTO, Earthrise Nutritionals
- Genet Garamendi, Senior Vice President, TerraVia
- Raffi Mardirosian, Vice President, Joule Unlimited
- Stephen Mayfield, Director, California Center for Algae Biotechnology
- Leslie van der Meulen, General Manager, BioProcess Algae LLC
- Xun Wang, President, Triton Algae Innovations, Ltd.
- Ross Zirkle, Director of Molecular Biotechnology, DSM Nutritional Products