Three algae companies awarded $1 million each by the Energy Department
by Paul Mullen
The Energy Department announced that they will be awarding 23 small businesses with $1 million each over the next two years to help the small businesses advance their concepts. Three algae companies were among those selected:
• Manta Biofuel LLC – Development of a high throughput algal dewatering system using magnetic particles which will enable domestic production of renewable gasoline, diesel fuel and jet fuel.
• MicroBio Engineering – Algal bioflocculation for solid-liquid separation. A low-cost, scalable process of algae harvesting will be developed for biofuel production and demonstrated at a significant scale.
• Techverse Inc – Advanced, low-cost, system for algae dewatering. This project will develop a novel algae dewatering system meeting U.S. DOE’s performance and cost targets for algae harvesting.
For more information regarding the awards and a complete list of all the companies click here.
Benefits of Membership
- A voice on ABO policy initiatives.
- Access to members-only resources.
- Discounted pricing to ABO events, and more!