ABO and EABA Agree to Share Member Benefits
This week marks a new era in international algae cooperation: the US-based Algae Biomass Organization and the European Algae Biomass Association have agreed to a partnership that extends the member benefits of each organization.
The two organizations have also agreed to collaborate to further the development of algae biomass technologies in the U.S., Europe and globally through events, conferences and policy advocacy.
ABO Executive Director Matt Carr and EABA President Vítor Verdelho signed the agreement this week at the EABA Conference 2014 in Florence, Italy.
Among the expanded benefits the agreement brings to ABO members:
- Shared calendars of events, meeting and conferences for both organizations.
- ABO members can now register for EABA events, conferences and meetings at the member-only rates. The same privileges apply to EABA members that wish to attend ABO events.
More algae companies in the United States are cementing partnerships with companies and governments abroad to build new commercial facilities, procure equipment or off-take agreements for algae biomass and related products.
Cooperation between ABO and EABA will likely accelerate efforts like these, and bring more algae-derived goods and services to the global markets.
This partnership is also another great reason to become an ABO member!
Benefits of Membership
- A voice on ABO policy initiatives.
- Access to members-only resources.
- Discounted pricing to ABO events, and more!