$500 Travel Grants Provided by the Algae Foundation to Attend the 2014 Algae Biomass Summit
If you are a student and want to attend the 8th Annual Algae Biomass Summit from September 29th through October 2nd in sunny San Diego, CA – check out the travel grants being offered by The Algae Foundation!
The 2014 Algae Biomass Summit is the world’s largest gathering of algae industry thought leaders and the ideal place for students to learn and network with the best.
Winners of the Algae Foundation Student Travel Grant Award will receive $500 towards attending the 2014 Algae Biomass Summit.
To be eligible for consideration, students must:
- Be an ABO Member;
- Be an undergraduate, graduate student or pre-doctoral student or
- Be a PhD with a post-doctoral appointment and is currently involved in a full time academic research program for no longer than 2 years.
- Submit an abstract to present a poster or oral presentation at ABS 2014 and be the presenting author of the abstract. First priority deadline for abstracts is April 2, 2014.
- Provide a suggested budget to attend the Summit
- Provide a current letter of recommendation for ABS 2014
The Algae Foundation will choose winners based on:
- The relevance and scientific quality of the submitted abstract
- The student has not received a similar travel grant award in the last two years
- Only one travel grant per laboratory
Send application materials to:
125 St. Paul Street, P.O. Box 369
Preston, MN 55965
The deadline to apply for The Algae Foundation Student Travel Grant is April 16, 2014!
Benefits of Membership
- A voice on ABO policy initiatives.
- Access to members-only resources.
- Discounted pricing to ABO events, and more!