2013 Algae Biomass Summit Biology Track Announced
Yesterday, the Algae Biomass Organization showcased its upcoming biology track for the Algae Biomass Summit coming up September 30th-October 3rd in Orlando, Florida. The biology-related highlights of the event include:
- Cultivation Ecology
- Robert McBride, Sapphire Energy Inc.
- Open Algae Pond Ecology
- Photosynthesis and CO2 Fixation
- Shaun Bailey, Director, Photosynthesis Research, Synthetic Genomics International
- Global Transcriptional Regulators of the Photo-Acclimation Response to Irradiance
- Algal Strain Development
- Matthew Saunders, Group Leader, Evolutionary Engineering, Sapphire Energy Inc.
- Microalgae Strain-Improvement by Evolutionary Engineering for Superior Biofuels Production
- Physiological Response to Cultivation Conditions
- Halil Berberoglu, University of Texas at Austin
- Physico-chemical Surface Properties of Algae and Cell-Surface Interactions
When describing the event, Dr. Al Darzins, who will chair the Summit’s Biology track, said “The breath of expertise demonstrated by this year’s Summit biology track speakers is truly outstanding.” Continuing, he explains how the event “…can help bring cost-effective algal-based products to the commercial marketplace.” (You can find the full press release here.)
Countdown to early registration for the summit has begun, so make sure you register before August 19th to take advantage of the early-bird special.
And don’t forget, ABO members get a discount!
Benefits of Membership
- A voice on ABO policy initiatives.
- Access to members-only resources.
- Discounted pricing to ABO events, and more!