ABO Webinar: Saltwater Resources and Commercial Algae Production
Last Thursday ABO conduced the first in a series of live webinars that are designed to showcase the people, policies and technologies that are moving the algae industry forward. This preliminary webinar focused on the interplay of saline water availability and commercial algae production for biofuels and other products. Presenting on the topic were:
- Mary Rosenthal, Executive Director of the Algae Biomass Organization
- Dr. Stephen Mayfield, Director of the San Diego Center for Algae Biotechnology at UC-San Diego
- Dr. Mark Wigmosta, Chief Scientist at Pacific Northwest National Laboratory
- Dr. Erik Venteris, Spatial Modeling Research Engineer at Pacific Northwest National Laboratory
The presentations were detailed explainations of the latest research on algae’s potential to thrive in salt water, and how the available salt water in the U.S. can support large-scale algae farming.
If you missed the webinar last week we have posted this recording of the event:
Benefits of Membership
- A voice on ABO policy initiatives.
- Access to members-only resources.
- Discounted pricing to ABO events, and more!