Looking for a Biofuels Job?
The Department of Energy’s Biomass Program has recently announced an open position well-suited for an algae and biofuels enthusiast with a background in science, engineering or technology. The physical scientist will act as a technology and project manager, interacting closely with the private sector and government agencies on biofuel and bioenergy sustainability areas. This would be a great opportunity for those interested in the development of ‘drop-in’ biofuels that are compatible with existing infrastructure, such as algal biofuels.
Here’s more information and links from the DOE:
Biomass Program Opens Physical Scientist Position
The U.S. Department of Energy’s Biomass Program has an open position for a physical scientist, advertised at the GS 12/13/14 level. The incumbent will assist the team leader in performing the duties of a technology manager and will be responsible for program management activities and maintaining ongoing relationships with Program awardees with respect to bioenergy sustainability. The scientist’s primary responsibilities will include the following:
- Support the implementation of the sustainability section of the Biomass Program Multi-Year Program Plan
- Support sustainability activities related to annual appropriations
- Utilize scientific expertise to gain an understanding of barriers and challenges related to bioenergy sustainability
- Become familiar with studies and analytical activities currently conducted by private-sector organizations and government agencies in the biofuel and bioenergy sustainability areas
- Liaise and coordinate with national laboratories, other federal agencies, and key stakeholder groups on sustainability research and development and analytical activities
- Respond to congressional inquiries and other public or government budget inquiries regarding the state of biofuel sustainability in the United States.
To view the announcements, please follow the links below to the USA Jobs website:
Benefits of Membership
- A voice on ABO policy initiatives.
- Access to members-only resources.
- Discounted pricing to ABO events, and more!