Algae and FedEx
The leaders of some of the largest companies in America are taking a serious look at how “drop-in” biofuels from algae can significantly contribute to the supplies of fuel they need for their operations.
In the video below, Joel Murdock, managing director of Strategic Products for FedEx Express discusses the benefits of algae-based fuel and how algae-based fuel will compete with petroleum-based fuel:
Among the benefits he cites:
- Algae’s extremely high yield of fuels
- Oils from algae can be processed into several products—jet fuel, diesel, naphtha, and more
- Algal fuels have already been certified for aircraft operations
Benefits of Membership
- A voice on ABO policy initiatives.
- Access to members-only resources.
- Discounted pricing to ABO events, and more!