The Algae Biomass Organization’s annual Algae Biomass Summit each fall is an opportunity to highlight the work and progress in the algae industry. This year, the Summit will be fully virtual, and the Main Stage programming will be held October 3-4. The award recipient will be announced as part of the Main Stage program on October 4th.
The ABO is now accepting nominations for our annual Algae Industry Awards. ABO members are at the forefront of efforts to develop technologies, products, and commercial markets for renewable and sustainable products derived from algae, and to move the industry forward, and the ABO is dedicated to recognizing exceptional efforts in these areas. The 2021 Awards Recipients can be found on the ABO website.
The Algae Industry Awards recognize excellence in the following areas:
- Breakthrough Product – For groundbreaking innovation using algae as part of novel solutions for global problems
- Product of the Year Award – In recognition of a high impact algae product that made significant contributions to the visibility of the algae industry within the last year
- Innovation Collaboration of the Year Award – In recognition of a partner collaboration that raises the visibility and impact of algae products globally
- Mid-Career Excellence Award – For excellence in scholarly achievements and a record of productive, independent, and impactful peer-reviewed research and creative scholarship activities
- Unsung Hero Award – For unheralded dedication and career contributions to the growth of the algae industry
- Lifetime Achievement Award – For contributions to the algae industry over the whole of a career in academia and/or industry, including commercial success, significant research contributions, policy activities, outreach, workforce development/educational activities, and/or mentoring activities.
- Champion of Algae Award – For exceptional contributions to growing the algae industry through professional service
- Leadership Through Service Award – For exceptional contributions to the growth of the algae industry through volunteerism and service
For each nomination: The online nomination form must be for single nominees only; do not combine nominations for more than one nominee or more than one award.
Nominations are reviewed by the ABO Board of Directors Executive Committee, who select a proposed winner for each award, and award selections are ratified by the Board of Directors.
DEADLINE: For consideration, please submit the nomination form no later than 5:00 p.m. on Wednesday, September 23, 2022.