ABO Announces 2021-2022 Officers and 2021-2023 Directors Class
The Algae Biomass Organization (ABO), the US based non-profit trade organization for the algae industry, today announced the election of their officers for their Board of Directors for the 2021-2022 term, as well as the Board of Directors members elected for the 2021-2023 term. The group includes both new and existing (re-elected) members who will join current members of the Board of Directors. ABO’s board is comprised of representatives from multiple sectors of the industry.
ABO’s board guides the organization in its mission to promote algae, renewable and sustainable products from algae, and the development of viable commercial markets for both. ABO provides end-to-end connection for the industry, supporting people, companies, and organizations, as well as research, development, and commercial activities across the value chain. ABO also educates the general public, policymakers and industry about the benefits of algae.
The newly elected board officers are:
- Chair: Jen Johansen (pictured)– Vice President of Quality, Regulatory & Government Affairs, Cyanotech Corporation
- Vice Chair: Martin Gross – President/Co-Founder, Gross-Wen Technologies
- Treasurer/Secretary: Thomas Byrne – Tax Manager, CarlsonSV
Newly appointed board member:
- Lulu Mauro, Sr. Regulatory Manager, Corbion
The re-elected board members are:
- Martin Gross, President/Co-Founder, Gross-Wen Technologies
- David Hazlebeck, CEO/Founder, Global Algae Innovations
- Nagatoshi Ide, Senior Technical Division Manager, Earthrise Nutritionals LLC
- Mike LaMont, Vice President of Operations, Heliae Development LLC
- Dan Levy, Vice President, AECOM
- Jaakko Nauha Head of Algae Initiative in the New Business Platform, Neste
Put yourself at the forefront of the algae industry, where algae products, services, and research meet the challenges of our planet’s most pressing issues today.
Benefits of Membership
- A voice on ABO policy initiatives.
- Access to members-only resources.
- Discounted pricing to ABO events, and more!