A new report is required reading for those serious about developing new algae technologies, products, and ultimately deploying algae agriculture to create a more productive and sustainable economy.
The Algae Interagency Working Group (AWG) is a collection of federal agencies coordinating a range of activities on algae R&D supported by the United States government. They operate within the Biomass Research and Development (BR&D) Board, which coordinates research and development activities concerning biobased fuels, products, and power across federal agencies.
BR&D’s new report, the Federal Activities Report on the Bioeconomy: Algae, contains a wealth of information on the breadth and scope of federal resources available to researchers and companies seeking to understand and use algae for the benefit of the bioeconomy.
Details include a number of new sources of funding that are available, clarity on regulatory issues facing those developing new products, and information on how stakeholders can engage with the AWG moving forward.
Download the report from the DOE’s Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy.
A number of federal officials will be making presentations at this year’s virtual Algae Biomass Summit. They will be on hand to discuss federal programs that can support algae, as well as commercialization projects.
Some of the Summit sessions with speakers from federal agencies include:
- Managing Carbon Dioxide Utilization for Algae R&D on Thursday, August 20, 2020
- Macroalgae Biomass: A Sustainable Feedstock for Food, Feed, Fuels and Chemicals on Tuesday, August 25, 2020
- Managing Production Risk Through Crop Insurance on Tuesday, September 1, 2020
- The Food and Feed Keynote and Plenary Panel on Tuesday, September 8, 2020
- The Ecosystems Services Keynote and Plenary Panel on Wednesday, September 9
- The Biofuels and Biomaterials Keynote and Plenary Panel on Thursday, September 10
- The ABC’s: Algae, Biofuels and Cars panel on Thursday, September 17
See the Summit agenda for full details.
Register for the Summit today and access these and dozens of other presentations. All Summit content will be recorded for later viewing, and the Summit’s mobile app offers uniques opportunities to engage and collaborate with attendees.