The Design2Scale Challenge Seeks Innovations in 3rd Generation Biofuels
Algae technology developers take note! Fraunhofer TechBridge, a program of Fraunhofer USA, is now accepting applications for its newest TechBridge Challenge, the Designed2Scale Challenge presented in collaboration with ExxonMobil.
Fraunhofer TechBridgewill award up to $50,000 in prototyping, demonstration, and/or validation services from the world-renowned Fraunhofer R&D network to selected teams.
Solutions of interest include:
- Technologies and strategies to aid in algal separation, cell disruption and pretreatment of microalgal cells, prior to lipid extraction
- Technologies, strategies and processes to efficiently extract intracellular lipids from microalgae
- New capabilities in microalgal downstream processing that minimize energy usage, chemical intensity and/or complexity
Proposals are due by November 15, 2019 at: www.designed2scalechallenge.com. Applicants and awardees’ intellectual property will be fully protected throughout the review process.
Benefits of Membership
- A voice on ABO policy initiatives.
- Access to members-only resources.
- Discounted pricing to ABO events, and more!