Thank you for choosing to participate in the 17th annual Algae Biomass Summit. We look forward to working with you to ensure a quality experience on site. Please contact email@example.com with any questions you may have regarding your speaking presentation and attendance at the Summit.
1. Complete your Summit registration and confirm your acceptance
Deadline: August 1, 2023
You will need to register online through the Algae Biomass Summit’s registration webpage. If you are an ABO member, please be sure to sign in with your member credentials before you register.
Selected oral presenters who do not register by the deadline above may lose their speaking opportunity to one of the other highly rated abstracts. CLICK HERE TO REGISTER TODAY!
2. Upload your photo and bio
You will receive a separate email with a link to upload your bio and photo via the Summit’s mobile app, Whova. If you do not receive this email by September 1st, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. View the preliminary agenda to confirm your details
The online agenda including speaker listings will be posted on the Summit website. Please check the agenda to make sure your name, organization and abstract title are accurate. Should you have changes, immediately email them to email@example.com, so we can ensure that conference materials have accurate information.
4. Make your hotel reservations
Deadline: September 9, 2023
If you are staying at the conference hotel reservations should made only through the links available on the Summit website. Special conference room rates have been negotiated with the hotel. Hotel reservations can be made online at: Algae Biomass Summit Hotel Venue
Note: Do not make your hotel reservations via solicitations from third party organizations. Use only the links we have on our site.
5. Upload your presentation
Deadline: September 15, 2023
The website link and instructions to upload your presentation will be provided to you in a separate email. Presentations should be submitted in Microsoft PowerPoint and formatted in wide-screen (16:9) version. In order to deliver a polished onsite production, it is essential to have your presentation uploaded to our speaker presentation upload website before the deadline above. For those needing to make revisions after the deadline, your presentation must be finalized no later than 24 hours prior to your presentation time.
Guidelines for slide decks:
- Presentations should be submitted in Microsoft PowerPoint, wide-screen 16:9. Name your file with your last and first name (ex. “LastnameFirstname.ppt”), and do not use commas, special characters or spaces in the file name.
- Presentations should be no longer than 12 minutes and will be followed by 3 minutes of Q&A. Following all of the panel presentations, there will be an additional 15 minutes for Q&A to the full panel.
- Presentations are to be educational and objective.
- By accepting the role of speaker, you are granting permission for the Algae Biomass Organization to publish your presentation (PDF format) online after the event.
- If your presentation includes a video segment, please bring your PowerPoint file and the video file, each saved separately on a flash drive, to the Speaker Resource Center. This will allow us to make sure that all components are uploaded successfully and perform as you expect.
- To cover any mishaps, please bring to the conference a backup copy of your final presentation on a flash drive.
6. Stop by the Speaker Resource Center for final confirmation of your presentation
Deadline: 24 hours before your speaking session
Please take advantage of our Speaker Resource Center at the Monona Conference Center. All presentations must be submitted in their final version no later than 24 hours before your speaking session.
The Speaker Resource Center includes:
- Assistance to upload revised presentation files
- Computers available to review your presentation
- Comfortable seating and work areas
- Complimentary wireless internet
- Power outlets for laptop computers
Questions? Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to seeing you at the Summit!