The Algae Biomass Organization Announces Algae Biomass Summit 2013 Student Travel Grants
Dear Algae Industry Colleague:
The Algae Biomass Organization is pleased to announce that it is offering a minimum of seven $500 travel grant scholarships to attend the 7th Annual Algae Biomass Summit in Orlando, FL, USA, on September 30 to October 3rd, 2013.
Purpose – To provide support for students attending the Algae Biomass Summit (ABS) 2013
Award – Each ABO Student Travel Grant Award is $500 for use only in attending ABS 2013
Eligibility – to qualify for consideration the student must:
- Be an ABO Member and the presenting author;
- Be an undergraduate student or
- Be a pre-doctoral student or
- Be a PhD with a post-doctoral appointment and is currently involved in a full time academic research program for no longer than 2 years.
- Have indicated a desire to be considered for the grant to the ABO office;
- Be accepted to present a poster or oral presentation at ABS 2013 and be the presenting author of the abstract.
- Provide a suggested budget to attend the Summit
- The relevant and scientific quality of the submitted abstract
- The student has not received an similar travel grant award in the last two years
- Only one travel grant per laboratory
- The student must be a member of ABO, and
- A current letter of recommendation for ABS 2013 must be on file by the due date
How to Apply – The applicant must submit a letter of recommendation from a faculty member or department head on official letterhead including the following information:
- The letter must state that the student is expected to be active in the training or degree program at the time of the meeting, or, if the student has completed their terminal degree, the actual date of completion.
Send an application letter along with the letter of recommendation to: email@example.com during the abstract submission process. The deadline for submitting your application is April 17, 2013.
- All applications should be sent to:
- Barb Scheevel, ABO Administrative Coordinator
- Email: BScheevel@algaebiomass.org
- 125 St. Paul Street, P.O. Box 369
- Preston, MN 55965
Selection Process – Selection is made by the ABO Program Committee. The awards are highly competitive. If a grant recipient cannot present the accepted abstract, the recipient MUST notify ABO as soon as possible. The grant will be rescinded and awarded to an alternate.
Award Notification: Awardees will be notified no later than June 5th.
Benefits of Membership
- A voice on ABO policy initiatives.
- Access to members-only resources.
- Discounted pricing to ABO events, and more!